1. Is the will of God's commands the rule of our action? Yes: we must understand what the will of the Lord is, Eph. 5:17. Are we to pray that we may conform to this rule? Yes: that we may prove what is the good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God, Rom. 12:2 Must we pray that God would give us to know his will? Yes: Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law, Ps. 119:34. And to know it fully? Yes: That ye may be filled with the knowledge of his will, Col.1:9. And to know it in doubtful cases? Yes: Teach me thy way, O Lord, lead me in a plain path, Ps. 27:11. Do all who are sanctified truly desire to know God's will Yes: What saith my Lord unto his servant? Josh. 5:14.
2. When we know God's will, are we able of ourselves to do it? No: we are not sufficient of ourselves, 2 Cor. 3:5. Must we therefore pray to God to make us able? Yes: Now, therefore, O God, strengthen my hands, Neh. 6:9. And must we depend upon his grace? Yes: I will go in the strength of the Lord God, Ps. 71:16. Must we pray to God to make us willing? Yes: incline my heart unto thy testimonies, Ps. 119:36. And to make us entirely willing? Yes: Unite my heart to fear thy name, Ps. 36:11.
3. Must we pray that we may be sincere in our obedience? Yes: Let my heart be sound in thy statutes, Ps. 119:80. And that we may be exact in our obedience? Yes: O that my ways were directed to keep thy commandments! Ps. 119:5. And that we may be universal in our obedience? Yes: That we may stand complete in all the will of God, Col. 4:12. And that we may be armed against that which would divert us from our obedience? Yes: Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity, and quicken thou me in thy way, Ps. 119:37. And must we pray that others also may do God's will? Yes: That they may be perfect in every good work, to do his will, Heb. 13:21.
4. Is the will of God's counsel the rule of his actions? Yes: for he worketh all according to the counsel of his own will, Eph. 1:11. Must we desire that this may be done? Yes: The will of the Lord be done, Acts 21:14. Rather than our own will? Yes: Not as I will, but as thou wilt, Matt. 26:39. And must we acquiesce in it? Yes: It is the Lord, let him do what seemeth him good, 1 Sam. 3:18. And must we pray that he will enable us to do so? Yes: That we may be strengthened with all might, unto all patience and longsuffering, with joyfulness, Col. 1:11.
5. Do the angels in heaven do the will of God? Yes: they do his commandments, hearkening to the voice of his word, Ps. 103:20. Do they do it readily? Yes: they fly swiftly, Dan. 9:21. Do they do it zealously? Yes: for they are a flaming fire, Ps. 104:4. Do they do it with an eye to God? Yes: for they always behold the face of our Father, Matt. 18:10. And are we to pray that God's will may so be done on earth? Yes: that the kingdoms of this world may become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ, Rev. 11:15.