1. Must we acknowledge our heavenly Father's kingdom? Yes: The Lord is king for ever and ever, Ps. 10:16. And must we admire it? Yes: we must speak of the glory of his kingdom, Ps. 145:11.Must we own him to be our King? Yes: Thou art my king, O God, Ps. 44:4. Must we heartily wish well to his kingdom? Yes: Seek ye first the kingdom of God, Matt. 6:33.
2. Has Satan a kingdom in opposition to God's kingdom? Yes: for he is the prince of this world, John 12:31. Does he rule where sin rules? Yes: for he works in the children of disobedience, Eph. 2:2. Must we pray that that kingdom may be destroyed? Yes: The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan, even the Lord that has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke thee, Zech. 3:2. Must we pray that the dominion of sin may be broken? Yes: O let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, Ps. 7:9. And that the power of the church's enemies may be crushed? Yes: So let all thine enemies perish, O Lord, Judg. 5:31. And their policies blasted? Yes: Lord turn the counsel of Ahithophel into foolishness, 2 Sam. 15:31. And their projects defeated? Yes: O my God, make them like a wheel, Ps. 83:13.
3. Have we reason to hope that Satan's kingdom shall be destroyed in the hearts of believers Yes: For the God of peace shall tread Satan under your feet shortly, Rom. 16:20. And that it shall be destroyed in the world? Yes: For I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven, Luke 10:18. So destroyed that it shall not destroy the church? Yes: for the church is built upon a rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it, Matt. 16:18.
4. Is the kingdom of Christ our Father's kingdom? Yes: I have set my King upon my holy hill of Zion, Ps. 2:6. Must we pray that that may be advanced? Yes: Prayer shall be made for him continually, Ps. 72:15. That we and others may be brought into it? Yes: That Christ may dwell in your heart by faith, Eph. 3:17. And kept in it? Yes: That we may be preserved blameless to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, 1 Thess. 5:23.
5. Are we to pray for converting grace? Yes: Turn thou me, and I shall be turned, Jer. 31:18. And that others may partake of that grace? Yes: That sinners may be converted unto thee, Ps. 51:13. Are we to pray for confirming grace? Yes: That God would comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work, 2 Thess. 2:17. Are we to pray for the strengthening of faith? Yes: Lord, increase our faith, Luke 17:5. And the increase of love? Yes: This I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more, Phil. 1:9.
6. Are we to pray for the advancement of the kingdom of light? Yes: O send out thy light and thy truth, Ps. 43:3. And the kingdom of holiness? Yes: The God of peace sanctify you wholly, 1 Thess. 5:23. And the kingdom of love? Yes: That they all may be one, John 17:21. Must we pray for the sending forth of ministers in order hereunto? Yes: Pray the Lord of the harvest that he would send forth labourers into his harvest, Matt. 9:38. And for the presence of God with them? Yes: that utterance may be given to them, Eph. 6:19.
7. Are we to pray for the prosperity of the church? Yes: Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, Ps. 122:6. And for the welfare of all who belong to it? Yes: Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee, Ps. 70:4. And for the comfort of all good Christians? Yes: Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity, Eph. 6:24. Must we pray for the enlargement of the church? Yes: My heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved, Rom. 10:1. And for the reformation of it? Yes: Turn us again, O Lord God of hosts, Ps. 80:19. And for the defence of it? Yes: Build thou the walls of Jerusalem, Ps. 51:18. And for the deliverance of it? Yes: Command deliverances for Jacob, Ps. 44:4.
8. May we pray in faith for the advancement and continuance of Christ's kingdom? Yes; For of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, Isa. 9:7. And have we reason to triumph in this? Yes: Hallelujah, for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth, Rev. 19:6.
9. Is the kingdom of glory yet to come Yes: When the mystery of God shall be finished, Rev. 10:7. Are we to pray that that may be hastened? Yes: Looking for, and hastening unto, the coming of the day of God, 2 Pet. 3:12. Are we to desire our own removal to that glory at death? Yes: Desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven, 2 Cor. 5:2. Are we to pray that we may be ready for it? Yes: Watch therefore, and pray always, Luke 21:36. And then that it may be hastened? Yes: Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, Luke 2:29. Are we to pray for Christ's second coming at the end of time? Yes: Amen, even so come, Lord Jesus, Rev. 22:20.