1. Is God our Father? Yes: Doubtless thou art our Father, Isa. 63:16. Does he appoint us to call him so? Yes: Wilt thou not from this time cry unto me, My Father, thou art the guide of my youth, Jer. 3:4. Is he our Father by creation? Yes: Have we not all one Father? Hath not one God created us? Mal. 2:10. And by redemption? Yes: Is not he thy Father that bought thee? Deut. 32:6. And by adoption? Yes: I will be a Father to them, 2 Cor. 6:18.
2. Is God a wise Father? Yes: the Father of lights, Jam. 1:17. Is he a gracious Father? Yes: the Father of mercies, 2 Cor. 1:3. Is he our soul's Father? Yes: the Father of spirits, Heb. 12:9. Is he the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ? Yes: I bow my knee to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Eph. 3:14. Is he in him our Father? Yes: I ascend to my Father, and your Father, John 20:17.
3. Are we in prayer to call God Father? Yes; crying Abba, Father, Gal. 4:6. And to esteem him as a Father? Yes: I will arise and go to my Father, and say unto him, Father, Luke 15:18. And is this comfortable in prayer? Yes: For with thee the fatherless find mercy, Hos. 14:3.
4. Is God our Father in heaven? Yes: For the Lord's throne is in heaven, Ps. 11:4. Is heaven a high place? Yes: and we must lift up our hearts with our hands to God in the heavens, Lam. 3:41. Is it a holy place? Yes: and we must lift up holy hands, 1 Tim. 2:8. Is it a place of prospect? Yes: and therefore our Father sees in secret, Matt. 6:6. Is it a place of power? Yes: and therefore he is able to do above all that we ask or think, Eph. 3:20.
5. Ought we therefore to pray with reverence? Yes: for God is in heaven, and we upon earth, Eccl. 5:2. And with holy confidence? Yes: for we have boldness and access with confidence, Eph. 3:12. For is God a Father who is able to help us? Yes: My Father is greater than all, John 10:29. Does he know our wants? Yes: Your heavenly Father knows that ye have need of all these things, Matt. 6:32. Is he willing to help? Yes: For the Father himself loveth you, John 16:27.
6. Must we pray with others? Yes: There were many gathered together praying, Acts 12:12. Must we pray for others? Yes: we must make supplication for all saints, Eph. 6:18.