1. Are Jews and Pagans to be baptized upon their believing? Yes: If thou believest with all thy heart, thou mayest, Acts 8:31. Will their justifiable profession warrant the administering of baptism to them? Yes: Simon Magus himself believed also and was baptized, Acts 8:13.
2. Are the children of believing parents to be baptized in their infancy? Yes: for a seed shall serve him, it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation, Ps. 22:30. Is it possible that they may be in covenant with God? Yes: For you have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, John 15:16. Is it probable they should be in covenant? Yes: For when Israel was a child, then I loved him, Hos. 11:1. Is it certain they were in covenant? Yes: I will be a God to thee, and to thy seed, Gen. 17:7. Is it therefore certain they are in covenant? Yes: for the blessing of Abraham comes upon the Gentiles, Gal.3:14. Does the seal of the covenant therefore belong to them? Yes: Every man-child among you shall be circumcised, Gen. 17:10.
3. Are the children of Christians members of Christ's visible church? Yes: for of such is the kingdom of God, Mark 10:14. Do the promises belong to them? Yes: the promise is to you and to your children, Acts 2:39. Does the promise of the Spirit belong to them? Yes: I will pour my Spirit upon thy seed, Isa. 44:3. Are they capable of receiving it? Yes: John was filled with the Holy Ghost from his mother's womb, Luke 1:15. Are they then to be baptized? Yes: For who can forbid water to them which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? Acts 10:47.
4. Are the children of believers federally holy? Yes: Else were your children unclean, but now are they holy, 1 Cor. 7:14. Are they so in their parents' right? Yes: if the root be holy, so are the branches, Rom. 11:16. Are they disciples? Yes: for the yoke of circumcision was put upon the neck of the disciples, Acts 15:1,10. Are they to be received in Christ's name? Yes: Whosoever receiveth one such little child in my name, receiveth me, Matt. 18:5. Are they born unto God? Yes: Thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast born unto me, Ezek. 16:20. Are they bound by relation to be his servants? Yes: I am thy servant the son of thine handmaid, Ps. 116:16. Ought they then to be presented to him? Yes: The first-born of thy sons shalt thou give unto me, Exod. 22:29.
5. Do children need to be cleansed from the pollutions of sin? Yes: for they are shapen in iniquity, Ps.51:5. Is there provision made for their cleansing? Yes: for there is a fountain opened to the house of David, Zech. 13:1.
6. Are the nations to be discipled by baptism? Yes: Go ye and disciple all nations, baptizing them, Matt. 28:19. Are children a part of the nations? Yes: Your little ones stand here this day, to enter into covenant with God, Deut. 29:11,12. And has Christ excepted them? No: Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not, Matt. 19:14. Were the families of believers baptized by the apostles? Yes: Lydia was baptized, and her household, Acts 16:15. Did Christ himself receive the seal of the covenant in his infancy? Yes: When he was eight days old he was circumcised, Luke 2:21.
7. Is infant baptism useful for preserving the church? Yes: That our children may not cease from fearing the Lord, Josh. 22:25. Was it a great mercy to you that you were baptized? Yes: For we are the children of the covenant, Acts 3: 25.
8. Must we be careful to improve our baptism? Yes: Be ye mindful always of his covenant, 1 Chron. 16:15. Is it a good argument against sin ? Yes: How shall we that are dead to sin live any longer therein? Rom. 6:2. And for holiness? Yes: for we also should walk in newness of life, Rom. 6:4. Is it a great encouragement to faith? Yes: Thou art my God from my mother's belly, Ps. 22:10. Is it a good plea in prayer? Yes: Save the son of thy handmaid, Ps. 86:16. Is it a strong inducement to brotherly love? Yes: for we all are baptized into one body, 1 Cor. 12:13.