1. Is washing with water the outward sign in baptism? Yes: I am come baptizing with water, John 1:31. Is that well done by sprinkling? Yes: For so shall he sprinkle many nations, Isa. 52:15. Ezek. 30:25. Is that sign significant? Yes: If ye are washed, ye are sanctified, ye are justified, 1 Cor. 6:11. But is the outward sign alone sufficient? No: Baptism saves us, not as it is the putting away the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience towards God, 1 Pet. 3:21.
2. Must baptism be in the name of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost? Yes; Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Sun, and of the Holy Ghost, Matt. 28:19. And not in the minister's name? No: Were ye baptized in the name of Paul? 1 Cor. 1:13. Is it therefore one? Yes: for there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, Eph. 4:5. There were added to the church daily, Acts 2:47. Are we thereby entered into Christ's school? Yes: Jesus made and baptized disciples, John 4:1. And listed under his banner? Yes: as good soldiers of Jesus Christ, 2 Tim. 2: 3.
3. Is baptism a door of admission into the visible church? Yes: There were added to the church daily, Acts 2:47. Are we thereby entered into Christ's school? yes: Jesus made and baptized disciples, John 4:1. And listed under his banner? Yes: as good soldiers of Jesus Christ, 2 Tim. 2:3.
4. Is baptism a seal of our ingrafting into Christ? Yes: for being baptized into Jesus Christ, we are baptized into his death, Rom. 6:3. And of our partaking of the new covenant? Yes: Be baptized for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, Acts 2:38. And of our engagement to be the Lord's? Yes: I entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine, Ezek. 16:8. Is the covenant sealed in the baptism a mutual covenant? Yes: Ye shall be my people, and I will be your God, Jer. 30:32.
5. Are we bound by our baptism to renounce the devil and all his works? Yes: for the Son of God was manifested to destroy the works of the devil 1 John 3:8. And to renounce the pomps and vanities of this wicked world? Yes: for we must not be conformed to this world, Rom. 12:2. And all the sinful lusts of the flesh? Yes: for we are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, Rom. 8:9. Are we bound to believe all the articles of the Christian faith? Yes: we must hold fast the form of sound words, 2 Tim. 1:13. And to keep God's holy will and commandments? Yes: that we also should walk in newness of life, Rom. 6:4. And to walk in the same all the days of our life? Yes: If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed, John 8:31.