1. Is it our duty to keep our bodies pure from all fleshly lusts? Yes: we must possess our vessel in sanctification and honour, and not in the lust of concupiscence, 1 Thess. 4:4. Are we to present our bodies to God? Yes: Present your bodies unto God a living sacrifice, Rom. 12:1. Are we to glorify him with them? Yes: Glorify God with your bodies, 1 Cor. 6:20. Are we to use them for him? Yes: For your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, which is in you, 1 Cor. 6:19. And to employ them in his service? Yes: Yield your members as instruments of righteousness unto God, Rom. 6:13. May they then be used in the service of our lusts? No: for if any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy, 1 Cor.. 3:17.
2. Ought we to preserve our chastity in heart? Yes: that we may be holy both in body and spirit, 1 Cor. 7:34. And must we keep out all unclean thoughts and desires? Yes: we must flee youthful lusts, 2 Tim. 2:22. And is that the way to prevent the acts of uncleanness? Yes: for when lust hath conceived, it brings forth sin, James 1:15.
3. Ought we to preserve our chastity in speech? Yes: Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, Col. 4:6. Is it the character of good people to be modest? Yes: I will turn to the people a pure language, Zeph. 3:9.
4. Ought we to preserve our chastity in behaviour? Yes: we must have a chaste conversation coupled with fear, 1 Pet. 3:2. And in our clothing? Yes: Women must adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety, 1 Tim. 2:9. Must we abstain from all appearances of uncleanness? Yes: hating even the garment spotted with the flesh, Jude 23. And from all approaches to it? Yes: Come not nigh the door of her house, Prov. 5:8.
5. Must we resolve against wanton looks? Yes: I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then, should I think upon a maid? Job 31:1. Must we always keep our bodies in soberness and chastity? Yes: we must cleanse ourselves from all filthiness both of flesh and spirit, 2 Cor. 7:1. And must we crucify all the lusts of the flesh? Yes: They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh, Gal. 5:24. Must the body be subdued? Yes: I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection, 1 Cor. 9:27. And must its sinful desires be denied? Yes: If thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee, Matt. 5:29.